Signs and symptoms of Oral Cancer:
As is true of most cancers, oral cancer does not tend to produce notable symptoms in its early stages. It is important to note though, that with the use of cutting edge technology Dr. Booth can still tell if something is wrong. If you smoke, drink alcohol excessively, or are HPV positive, you are more prone to oral cancer.
There following are some of the signs and symptoms that people experience with Oral Cancer:
- A lump or thickening in the oral soft tissue
- Red or white patches on the tongue, lips or internal lining of the mouth
- An unexplained pain, numbness or loss of feeling anywhere in the mouth, neck or on the face
- Oral ulcers and sores
- Ear pain
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Lingering sore throat or hoarseness
- Painful swallowing
- Loose teeth
- Difficulty moving the tongue or jaw
- A swelling of the jaw that causes dentures to fit poorly or become uncomfortable
- Neck pain
If you notice one or more of these symptoms, be sure to contact Silver Screen Dental immediately.